Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Signing Ceremony between HCMC TESOL and the English Language Faculty of the University of Fukui (Japan)
Ho Chi Minh City TESOL Association (HCMC TESOL) and the English Language Faculty of the University of Fukui (Fukui, Japan) have entered into a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) on 19 June 2019 to collaborate on the following aspects:
- sharing of ideas and English teaching experiences
- mutual support for ongoing or new research projects related to the teaching of English
- joint presentations at international academic conferences
The MOU was signed by:
- Dr. Loc Do
President of Ho Chi Minh City TESOL Association
- Dr. Albert Lehner
Professor of English Language and Humanities, English Language Faculty of the University of Fukui
The MOU signing had the presence of:
- Ms. Duong Nguyen
General Secretary of Ho Chi Minh City TESOL Association
- Ms. Anh Dang
Representative of Horizon TESOL
Following the MOU signing was the workshop entitled “English: Adopt or Adapt?” In the workshop, Dr. Albert Lehner discussed:
- Does English adopt or adapt to other cultures? On the other hand, do local cultures adopt or adapt to English?
- What “target” is being taught around the world–why and how?
- Are equal roles and authority given to native English-speaking teachers (NESTS) and non-native English-speaking teachers (NNESTs)?
- What questions are raised for English instructors by these concerns?
This was also a great opportunity for lecturers, teachers, researchers and students with interest in teaching English to build up their network.