WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGES OF LEARNING TESOL?
As noticing that you still have a lot of questions about TESOL Diploma, so I want to share a little bit about it. Actually, I used to be a student of the first TESOL course at TESOL Horizon Center and I am now taking on the role of counselor for Horizon. For that, I think I have enough knowledge to enlighten you.
– If you are confident in your 4 English skills, by owning TOEIC, IELTS or TOEFL and you are passionate about teaching English according to international standards, then OK => Go take a TESOL course, it’s a privilege for you, and if you want to teach in a classical, bold and traditional way, then OK => just SKIP IT.
TESOL helps you to understand the difference between an English Teacher and a good English Teacher.
WHAT TO LEARN?
– Teaching skills and how to master the time of a class because of your hourly pay rate if you are a good teacher.
– How to teach vocabulary? How to prepare lively lesson plans? What teaching method each English word require?
Determining how to instruct vocabulary is key to helping students memorize words better
– How to write and draw on a board (not all teachers can draw an apple or a ball to illustrate, TESOL teaches you basic skills to effectively use a board in teaching).
Not everyone knows how to write on the board with the right posture and position so as not to affect students’ visibility, thus help them track better.
– How to optimize the learning tools.
– How to create interactive learning: how to motivate students, how to organize group lessons for 2 people, 3 people, 4 people, …, clapping in the classroom to create a warm classroom environment.
Creating an engaging classroom atmosphere is one of the most useful lessons to encourage students’ learning
You are very good at English and you even use it like a native speaker do not mean that you can be a good English teacher.
In conclusion, no matter what you do, you need to have passion to succeed, especially English teachers, if you can only offer the same knowledge as online learning, people will not crave for your teaching. That is why VUS, ILA, VATC, VASS, Apolo, VAS, Duong Minh and most other English language training centers require their teachers to have TESOL when teaching English for children and the youth.